Sunday, November 23, 2008

New mailing address

Hey hey everyone! I am only five days away from becoming a REAL volunteer, and as such, I will be moving to the very very very small town of Sacsa in the department of Ancash. If you are looking for it on a map, you probably won't find it. But if you look just to the north and east of the city of Caraz, I am in that general area. I got the chance to visit two weeks ago and see my new home and meet my new family. So while I am totally scared out of my mind, at least I know what I am in for. I leave for the department capital city, Huaraz, with a group of other Ancash volunteers on Saturday night, and from there I am on my own as I head to my site, probably on the 2nd of December. I will put up some pics and a more detailed post once I get to Huaraz, but for now I just wanted to call attention to my new mailing address, which is posted on the right, just in case...

4 comments:

Brian McDermott said...

Vaya con dios, Baby Girl, y con todo tu sabes y tu crees -- Papi

djd said...

good luck in ancash
say hi to my daughter shannon while there (let her use your latrine)

and please explain to her that BC is a lot better school than Georgetown

BC74 and RPCV

ddoran

Lindsay Winget said...

Hi Bear - Just a quick note to say safe travels to your new home. I'm thinking about you this weekend and always. Thanks for the great posts, and you'll hear more from me soon :) Love youuu.

Unknown said...

All the best in the new home, can't wait to see the pictures.