Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nothing too exciting lately- just the usual madness. I went to a concert Saturday night that featured a group modeled after a cross between Ricky Martin and the Backstreet Boys. A line of men in tight white pants, t-shirts and blazers, and lots of choreographed pelvis shaking. Pretty painful, but entertaining. The local teens seemed to enjoy it. A couple pics to share with everyone- here is my host mom helping set the table for the delicious breakfast I made, and also a shot of my mom and me with her sobrino.

And here I am wearing my Cotting t-shirt, jumping off a rock on top of a mountain. Naturally.
We get busier and busier every day, and it isn't going to settle down any time soon. At the end of October we get to travel to rural sites with a few other volunteers to learn more about how to work with small communities. It will be nice to have a change of scenery for a week. And after that, there are the elections, of course, which we are all eagerly awaiting. I feel a bit guilty having such easy access to cable TV and internet, but it sure is nice to be able to follow the presidential race so easily. After Nov. 4th they can take away my technology and I swear I won't complain.

No comments: