Tuesday, September 9, 2008

on my way...

Today is my last day in Minneapolis, and it hasn't really sunk in yet that I am leaving. But whether I believe it or not, my two suitcases are packed and waiting by the door, and I have a plane to catch at 7 AM tomorrow. I will then spend 2 days in Washington DC filling out papers and getting stuck with vaccinations, and then I am off to Lima on Friday with the rest of my training group. I don't really know what to expect yet for training. I know there will be a lot of intensive language classes (Spanish and possibly Quechua or Aymara) and also technical training for whatever work I will be doing as an environmental volunteer. Other than that, quien sabe. I guess I will just have to take things as they come. My main concern right now is trying to figure out how to look like a professional in the "business casual" outfit required for staging events- dressing up isn't really my thing. So wish me the best with my button-ups and slacks. For now I am going to try to get some sleep so I'm not too crabby for my first day. chau!

No comments: